Friday, May 18, 2007

Brushing it OFF!

This blog may not have anything related to education, but sometimes you need to write. Countdown is ON! 7 days and counting and I'll be married. I'm super excited and ready for the day. The waiting is what is killing. Not mention to the stupid management at the Extended Stay America in Long Beach. Actually maybe I can spin this towards education and technology.
We have reserved 15 rooms at said hotel for a rate of $75/night. However, the manager that made this reservation no longer works at the location and FAILED to USE her technology (computer) to make notes under our reservation name. Yesterday, my mom calls and tells me someone from the hotel called and told her they had overbooked and needed guests to cancel their reservation. Let's see here......people are flying (or driving, like my grandparents) across the country, staying at your hotel for almost a week, and you want to lose that profit because some idiot couldn't type a few words into our account? WOW! Some people are dumb. Maybe that falls back to the gap between technology and education. Maybe this person never received any type of training with computers. But, WAIT, this person is a manager! This is a leadership position in which you lead by example. Shouldn't you know how to use everything in the hotel and document reservations? Not sure here but it seems easy.
Anyway, second topic to complain about. I wanted to do something different for the wedding. I'm different. So I had 5 pair of Vans custom made. Well, the order said it would take 5-7 for the shoes to arrive for myself and the groomsman. Currently, we are in the 6th of the promised arrival date....NO SHOES! After speaking with someone from Vans, I was informed I couldn't cancel the order because it was after the 24 hr period and that the shoes would be here the last week of May. That's GREAT! The wedding is the 25th and the shoes will be here the week after. I'll have 5 pairs of shoes, 5 different sizes, and no one to wear them. So, I have to find time in the already busy week to go buy 5 more pairs of shoes for the wedding.
On a good note, I did manage to book a place for the rehearsal dinner and they were very nice!

OH!......in the process of getting a California drivers license. What a pain in the butt! I understood I would have to pay fees, but this other stuff is crazy. First, my truck needs a smog certification...not a problem, I can understand that. Second, someone from the DMV must verify all the VIN numbers and mileage match what I had written down....not a problem. Third, the state of California considers any truck a commercial vehicle.....what in the world?!?! So, I have to find a certified weighmaster and have my truck weighed. Then I have to bring this certificate back to the DMV and possibly pay more fees based on the weight of my truck. It's a Nissan Frontier for crying out loud! I'm not hauling 10,000 pounds of anything. This is dumb!
I did pass the driving test on the first try without studying :)

1 comment:

GcYu said...

wow, reading your last two post... first off, congrats and second... breathe!!! you sure got lots going on in your alley and i hope everything went well! oh and lastly, sorry about you shoes!